Tuesday 12 November 2013

A Founding Vision

Conrad Lynch, Producer for The Ambassador Theatre Group, previously Artistic Director at the Wales Millennium Centre until Summer 2013, discusses his enthusiasm for bringing Performing Medicine: The Anatomy Season to Wales Millennium Centre.

I first saw the Clod Ensemble in 2003 in Edinburgh with their piece GREED a perfectly formed, fun, witty and magical show which takes its inspiration from the silent melodrama of 1920's cinema and the slapstick of Keaton and Chaplin.

Since then I’ve kept my eye on their work and when I went to see AN ANATOMIE IN FOUR QUARTERS at Sadler’s Wells I instantly knew that the show had to come to the Centre. It was only when Suzy (Clod’s Artistic Director) came for a site visit did our vision blossom, she was blown away by the beauty and grandeur of the building and we both felt that we had to not just present the ‘show’ but bring the Performing Medicine season of workshops and events to Wales.

It is thrilling that the project is about to happen and at the end of this month audiences and participants will experience this company’s great work – I can’t wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment